Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 Database Service Stopped and will not Start

AntDPre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community, 

I am running a single node CUCM 10.5 (VM) in a lab environment. After a graceful shutdown and reboot of the system I am no longer able to access the Web GUI. An error message (Database communication error) is presented when I try to authenticate via the Web GUI. I still have SSH access and after issuing the utils service list command I can see that the A Cisco Database service is STOPPED. I have issued the utils service start A Cisco DB command numerous times and I can see the database service attempt to start but ultimately fail to do so. Not sure what else I can do to attempt to recover the database or force it to start. Looking for any advice someone may be able to provide. 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI Mohammadreza and thank you for the reply. I actually figured out what was going on with it this morning and was able to fix it. Before this started, I was prepping the VM for new certificates and I was going to change the hostname. Before changing the hostname I created a new DNS record as well as a reverse record for the new hostname. Before I changed the actual hostname on the CUCM I rebooted it and that is when I could no longer get in through the Web UI. Neither the A Cisco DB service nor the Cisco CallManager service would start. There was obviously a DNS dependency on the old DNS record causing those services not to start. When I would run utils diagnose fix command from the CUCM shell one of the test results returned indicated there was a reverse DNS mismatch. That clued me into it being a DNS issue, so I then deleted the new DNS records, recreated the old one, rebooted the CUCM and then all services came up and I was able to log in through the Web GUI. Problem solved:)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

check if this help? >>

mount cucm "iso" recovery on your vm and boot it up
(10.5.2.10000-5-recovery.iso)

then select "F" to check & fix partitions of cucm..

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --

HI Mohammadreza and thank you for the reply. I actually figured out what was going on with it this morning and was able to fix it. Before this started, I was prepping the VM for new certificates and I was going to change the hostname. Before changing the hostname I created a new DNS record as well as a reverse record for the new hostname. Before I changed the actual hostname on the CUCM I rebooted it and that is when I could no longer get in through the Web UI. Neither the A Cisco DB service nor the Cisco CallManager service would start. There was obviously a DNS dependency on the old DNS record causing those services not to start. When I would run utils diagnose fix command from the CUCM shell one of the test results returned indicated there was a reverse DNS mismatch. That clued me into it being a DNS issue, so I then deleted the new DNS records, recreated the old one, rebooted the CUCM and then all services came up and I was able to log in through the Web GUI. Problem solved:)