Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 11.5 DRF restore not working

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am upgrading my CUCM from 8.5 to 11.5 and I am following the backup restore procedure, I installed CUCM 8.5 on VM, upgraded it to 11.5, took backup from this 11.5 VM and I am trying to restore the same to a freshly installed CUCM 11.5, because the upgraded 11.5 is giving error 'partition unaligned'. The issue is when i run the restore wizard on the fresh 11.5 it doesn't detect the backup file.

If I am trying to restore the same backup to the same upgraded 11.5 VM machine from where I took the backup, it detects properly, both the temporary 11.5 and freshly installed 11.5 are having the same versions. Any body can shed some light on this please ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

make sure other then the CUCM version below also match with the old setup.

Before you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the hostname, IP address, DNS configuration, domain name, version, and deployment type of the restore matches the hostname, IP address, DNS configuration, domain name, version, and deployment type of the backup file that you want to restore. DRS does not restore across different hostnames, IP addresses, DNS configurations and deployment types.

Check the below link for details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100_chapter_011.html

JB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already tried restarting the DRS services?

Do you meet the DRS requirements for a restore?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes I restarted the DRS services but still the same, SFTP and other connectivity has been verified already, and it works fine when i try with the same machine from where I took this backup.

Hi,

make sure other then the CUCM version below also match with the old setup.

Before you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the hostname, IP address, DNS configuration, domain name, version, and deployment type of the restore matches the hostname, IP address, DNS configuration, domain name, version, and deployment type of the backup file that you want to restore. DRS does not restore across different hostnames, IP addresses, DNS configurations and deployment types.

Check the below link for details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100_chapter_011.html

JB