cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5-Hunt Pilot-Initial Announcement not heard by external calls

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

I created hunt pilot queue for playing initial announcement. everything working fine while calling internally. i tried custom audio file and used default cisco audio file. but when tried to call from PSTN we are hearing silence and after that it forward to required number without any problem.

We tested music on hold by holding the call. PSTN callers can hear music on hold tone. only announcement is not able to listen. what could be the reason?

7 Replies 7

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you have one MOH server only on your CUCM cluster? or several MOH servers? If several MOH servers, did you configure the announcement on all of them? 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

i have uploaded audio files in all CUCM cluster. as I mentioned before we are facing issue for external calls. internal announcement working perfect. for calls from/to external have initialy silence and then forward to respective number.

All right. Do you have same MRGL settings on internal phone (internal calls can hear announcement) and on gateway \ trunk connected to your PSTN? 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

YES. All are using same MRGL. but no dsp related configuration in the gateway. 

Your PSTN gateway is CUBE (SIP trunk to PSTN), right? If so then the DSP is not required. Well, the best way to discover, why it happens, is to see CUCM logs in RTMT. 

its not CUBE and it's  H323. 

For H323 gateway the DSP related config is used for conferencing, transcoding or MTP. So definitely the DSP is not an issue in your case. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: