cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 OVA with 80G disk upgrade to 12.5

huangdeqing
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 11.5 with 2500 user OVA - 2vCPU/6G Memory/80G vDisk, do we have to rebuild the system with 7500 user OVA before upgrade to 12.5? 

9 Replies 9

If you are on a BE7K I would suggest to run on 7500 OVA. Make sure your other co-residing applications  have sufficient resource. 

Size your server using Quote Collab. You can access the quote Collab from https://cqc.cloudapps.cisco.com/serveronly#/

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

As per upgrade guide, using 80GB OVA it is expected to have a higher active partition up to 98%. We can correct this by a system rebuilt with HDD 90GB/110GB. Use a default 110GB OVA template and rebuilt the node. The OVA template with 110GB disk is 7500 user OVA, for both 11.5 and 12.5.

Want to confirm the proper steps for this disk requirement prior the upgrade.

Thanks,

You can Increase the hard disk to 110Gb  when deploying the new 12.5 OVA. 

If you wana use bigger OVA, Size your server and make sure it can accommodate all your co-residing  applications. 

Response Signature

AFAIK this option would only apply to a 2x80GB setup. I don’t think that it’s applicable for a single 80GB installation.

Response Signature

Why do you think that you would need to go from 2500 to 7500 users?

Response Signature

As per upgrade guide, using 80GB OVA it is expected to have a higher active partition up to 98%. We can correct this by a system rebuilt with HDD 90GB/110GB. Use a default 110GB OVA template and rebuilt the node. The OVA template with 110GB disk is 7500 user OVA, for both 11.5 and 12.5.

Want to confirm the proper steps for this disk requirement prior the upgrade.

Thanks for the information. What you have outlined is the correct path for this.

Response Signature

Do you mean it's true that we will have to rebuild the system with 7500 OVA, restore, and then upgrade to 12.5?

This is too much as we have many customers running on 11.5 with 2500 OVA, and we need to upgrade them all to 12.5. Is there any alternate way?

Yes that’s what I know is needed. Sorry for being the bearer of bad news. AFAIK there are no alternative option.

Response Signature