cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2 and license

Mohd Marzuki
Level 1
Level 1

I have one MCS7816I3 at my office's lab running CUCM 6.1.2.1000-13 loaded with license. I want to upgrade up to 7.x or maybe 8.x depend on the hardware compatibility. My upgrade path would be 6.1.2 > 6.1.4 > 7.x > 8.x but Cisco isn't release anymore ISO for the 6.x. on the download page.

Can i extract the license *.lic from the console and fresh install e.g 7.x and re-load that license? Any issue with that?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohd,

No, the license will not work that way. You can only use the original license issued to you by Cisco TAC licensing team.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

This is for lab test only, no commercial add up require. thats why i just need to upgrade up to the 7.x or maybe 8.x depends on the hardware.

Even for lab purpose you will need access to the upgrade file and licenses for 7.x / 8.x versions that you upgrade to.

Manish

Even for lab purpose you will need access to the upgrade file and licenses for 7.x / 8.x versions that you upgrade to.

Manish

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may however work with your Cisco Account team or contact TAC in case you want to upgrade to a shipping 10.x or 11.x version.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: