Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 jump upgrade failure

Luis Rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts!

I am trying to do a jump upgrade from CUCM 7.1.5 to version 9.1.2, I have installed the refresh cop file and erased the licexpiry file, I used the CUCM 9.1.2 OVA to build the CUCM 7.1.5 VM and uploaded the backup from the MCS server but every time I try to do the upgrade I get an unknown error: cannot access upgrade file, I have been working with TAC and they told me that the problem is with the inactive partition that shows up as unknown so I have tried to rebuild the VM multiple times even in different servers but I still get the same problem, have someone faced this issue before?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

which cop file u have used and  what is licexpiry file which u have deleted?

There are few bugs related to the issue like upgrades prohibited during grace period.

Upgrades are prohibited during License Grace Period
CSCtb86875

regds,

aman

Hi!

I used the ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.cop.sgn file for the refresh upgrade and I deleted the licexpiry.txt file using CentOS.

Hi Luis,

the RU cop file which u uploaded is fine.Any reasons why u deleted licexpiry from CUCM 9.1.2?

need to wait for TAC engr. to reply since I can only see bugs for upgrades under grace period.

regds,

aman

Aman, 

I erased the licexpiry file in cucm 7.1.5 because of the grace period bug

Hi!

At the end the problem got resolved by installing the upgrade refresh file before uploading the backup, I didn`t even had to erase the licexpiry.txt file, according to TAC this is a bug in the jump upgrade.

Regards

Hi Luis,

thanks for update[+5]

are u referring to this bug ?

CSCuj10105

regds,

aman