cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 - SQL Linked Server

Paul Grover
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to create a MS SQL linked server to our CUCM database as we have done with UCCX.  Is this possible?  If so, is there some reference material available?           

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CUCM Informix database is only accessible through the AXL API. You would have to write some middleware to issue the API commands with the appropriate SQL SELECT statements and then populate your database with the responses.

As a side-note: Copying the CCX database isn't officially supported either. By this I mean it isn't documented therefore TAC will tell you to get lost if you have a problem. The ODBC connection was only intended to be used when designing (not executing) custom Crystal reports for use by the HRC. I realize some Cisco TMEs are suggesting that you use the ODBC connection for other things; just be advised of the brick wall before you run into it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CUCM Informix database is only accessible through the AXL API. You would have to write some middleware to issue the API commands with the appropriate SQL SELECT statements and then populate your database with the responses.

As a side-note: Copying the CCX database isn't officially supported either. By this I mean it isn't documented therefore TAC will tell you to get lost if you have a problem. The ODBC connection was only intended to be used when designing (not executing) custom Crystal reports for use by the HRC. I realize some Cisco TMEs are suggesting that you use the ODBC connection for other things; just be advised of the brick wall before you run into it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Not what I wanted to hear, but not unexpected considering the lack of information on alternatives. 

I really appreciate the help.