Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CER and E911 Compliance

I am trying to confirm something. --> Is it correct that current Cisco UC A-Flex-3 licensing for an on-prem deployment includes all licensing to become fully compliant with current Federal E911 regulations (Kari's Law and the Raw Baum Act), including the ability to provide a "dispatchable location" for both on-prem and off-prem (nomadic) phones and softphones. I want to confirm that no additional products must be purchased. My assumption is that with A-Flex-3 licensing CER is included at no additional cost and the customer does not need to purchase any RedSky products.

Thanks for any guidance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I can confirm that CER can be configured to meet Kari's Law but you'll need additional DID's that you can use for ELINs.  As for the Ray Baum act, that will require a 3rd party (RedSky, Intrado, etc.) unless you have Webex Cloud Calling.  Here's a link to the Cisco info about complying e911 with Cloud Calling.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/av6oo3/Enhanced-Emergency-Calling-for-Webex-Calling  

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

As far as I know you’ll need to have additional services, like RedSky or Intrado to fully comply. CER it self is included in your licensing package, but it has gaps in the functionality for nomadic users. That’s why you need other services for this.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I can confirm that CER can be configured to meet Kari's Law but you'll need additional DID's that you can use for ELINs.  As for the Ray Baum act, that will require a 3rd party (RedSky, Intrado, etc.) unless you have Webex Cloud Calling.  Here's a link to the Cisco info about complying e911 with Cloud Calling.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/av6oo3/Enhanced-Emergency-Calling-for-Webex-Calling  

Response Signature

Thanks Kathy.

Ran across this article, so standard 911 providers like ATT and Lumen with CER cant' provide nomadic e911 right? We'll need a carrier such as Bandwidth, RedSky, Intrado, 9line911?  Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: