Helpful
Replies

CUCM Capacity Inquiry

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Capacity.PNG

Hi Experts,

Just want to clarify my understanding. From 11.X SRND, it was said above that for BE6K, it indicated the max number of users and devices per CLUSTER. However, for BE7K, it indicated the number of users and devices per NODE and CLUSTER.

Let's say for example, I have 3 CUCM nodes on my 3 BE6K servers with 1,000 OVA template per server. Does this mean that I can only have 1,000 end users/devices whichever hit the maximum?

How about if I have 3 CUCM nodes on my 3 BE7K servers with 1,000 OVA template per server. Do I only have 1,000 still, or I can add all, so 3,000 end users/devices?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, the 6K options are limited to the numbers explained in the table, no matter how many servers you have in the cluster. Those are merely added for redundancy, but the maximum capacity for the whole cluster is as stated in the docs.

7K follows the regular sizing rules from the SRND, on your scenario, assuming you don't have redundancy, you'd have maximum 3K devices for that cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your help as always. For the 7K, just want to confirm with "assuming you don't have redundancy", do you mean not part of the CM group? Then, what if we have redundancy, what's the capacity? Thanks.

7K follows regular rules from the SNRD regarding capacity and redundancy.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate