Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Remote Site Question

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I've been tasked with removing all of our older CUCM 4.2 boxes off the network and have them connect across the WAN back to our data center.I have a couple questions about a few things before I start testing, I've been reading articles and watching videos on standard local route groups and from what I've been told is that I just have to create route groups for each site and make a route list and apply that to route patterns and then remove the partitions from the route patterns and change the device pool local route group to reflect the new route group I created and calls will route out the appropriate gateway. I've checked my config for my GW and they are ready I just have to change the IPV4 address of my CUCM to the one in our data center. Also I wanted to know how could I just test a phone at the site I want to start with, would I just go into the phone and change the TFTP server address to the new CUCM. I think overall I'm getting pretty close to being ready I just want to make sure that everything works for my first site.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric,

Yep, as long as those are all setup, then testing should be that straight forward.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Eric,

Your question(s) are a little difficult to understand but for your scenario -

Is the sub that is being moved changing IP addresses?

For the phones that will be pointing to the sub that has been moved I would create a new Call Manager Group and in that I would have that sub be the first in line followed by the rest of the servers within the cluster.  I would also create a new Device Pool for that group of phones containing that new CMG along with the other specific's such as Region, Location, and etc.  Then I would assign that Device Pool to the appropriate phones.  I do not see a reason to change your routing.  Just because one or more of the subs have changed locations, you shouldn't have to change your outbound call legs unless you want them to be different or you have added or removed a gateway.

Testing with a phone should be straight forward.  Either you can change your Option 150 entries within the DHCP scope that this phone uses or you can just set the TFTP address to static.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony

I have already created the CMG the DP the Regions,and Locations, the previous way the sites were setup were like CME boxes. What I'm going  to implement is the centralized call processing model because right now none of the boxes have redundancy. And I wanted to implement the standard local route group because they are saying that I can use just a few patterns for all of the GW and I wanted to know would it be as simple as assigning a static TFTP to a phone at the location and assign that phone to the correct device pool and then test outbound calling

Eric,

Yep, as long as those are all setup, then testing should be that straight forward.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Thahks for the help Tony I really appreciate it.