cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/Unity and Hunt Groups to Voicemail

PNI-ITRNP
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so I have read several posts about this, but I believe I am confused. Can someone help me understand this configuration? Our client has a Hunt Group that he needs it to go to Voicemail if no one answers, but he said rather than going to voicemail it circles back around to the original extension called.

Here is the scenario:

Ext-Call -> 3650 (This recipient does not answer, call is sent to HG) -> 3800 (HG) -> Rings 3 internal extensions (Broadcast to 4000, 4010, and 4015) – No Answer -> Back to 3650 instead of Voicemail.

The Hunt Group is configured for FHNA/FHB to our Unity Pilot of 6000, but instead calls don’t go to voicemail they go to the 1st extension that did not answer.

Plus, the Line Group does not have any other extensions or groups other than the 3 internal extensions we need.

What I would like (And I am still learning this environment and CUCM/Unity) is to have the external call follow this path:

Ext-Call -> 3650 (This recipient does not answer, call is sent to HG) -> 3800 (HG) -> Rings 3 internal extensions (Broadcast to 4000, 4010, and 4015) – No Answer -> goes to Unity Voicemail for 3800. In turn, when a voicemail is left at this box, the Message Waiting Indicator on the 3 internal extension (4000, 4010, and 4015) should light.

BTW – we are running CUCM and Unity v11.5.1.13900-52

2 Replies 2

PNI-ITRNP
Level 1
Level 1
I'm hoping someone can help me here...

As explained above, the scenario is where a call that is received at the receptionist extension is forwarded to a Hunt Group when she does not answer. This hunt group has 3 extensions in a Line Group. If they don’t answer, then the call should go to voicemail. However, rather than going to voicemail the call loops back around and goes to the receptionist never going to voicemail.

Any idea what I can check to determine why it is looping back around to the receptionist rather than going to voicemail?

OK, so I ended up doing a lot of research and discovering a few things.

One issue that really got me on the circular call is that one member in the group was misconfigured, it wasn't apparent at first. This was causing CUCM to ring back to the original extension. Once I got that corrected I was able to hit Unity and receive the correct voicemail when calling the Hunt Group directly and allowing it to ring through.

However, once I attempted to call the receptionist and let the call take the entire trip (REC -> HG -> UNITY) Unity was presenting the general voicemail message. This told me the first extension that was forwarding the call was what Unity was seeing and didn’t know what mailbox to present.

I added the 3650 extension as an alternate extension to the mailbox and all was good. In addition, I resolved the MWI issue – that was simple enough.

Hopefully, this will help someone else who might have the same issue figure out their problem.