Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm upgrade from 10.5 to 11.5 SU question

Hello and thanks to anyone who responds.   

We are currently using System version: 10.5.2.15900-8   (10.5.2SU5).    I'm looking to upgrade to 11.5 but have a question about which Service Update to go with.   

Documentation states what is below.  My question is can i instead go with 11.5 SU4 instead of what the docs say which is 11.5 SU2.  

Upgrade Path Restrictions for Release 11.5(x)

Upgrade and migration paths generally support the Service Updates (SU) within each path; however, there are some exceptions for specific SU releases. The table below lists the exceptions for upgrades and migrations to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 11.5(x).

Table 11 Restrictions to Supported Upgrade and Migration Paths, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 11.5(x)

From

To

Description

10.5(2)SU5

11.5(1.10000-6) through 11.5(1.120xx)

Path is unsupported. For these releases, upgrade to 11.5(1)SU2 instead.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, SU2 is the minimum you need to upgrade to, but you can choose a higher release if desired.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, SU2 is the minimum you need to upgrade to, but you can choose a higher release if desired.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Great thanks i was hoping that was the case.   What made me question was this forum discussion link below.  they were going from 10.5.1 SU1 to 11.5.1 SU3 and failed.  Retried with SU2 and worked.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/cucm-upgrade-10-5-to-cucm-11-5-failed/td-p/3191576

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: