Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM utils dbreplication clusterreset Procedure

coleman.noc
Level 1
Level 1

CLI WARNING:

When performing this command on the CLI we get a warning that specifically states:

After clusterreset, "utils dbreplication reset all" should be executed FOLLOWED by the reboot of all subscribers:

Document CLI Reference:

After using this command, you must restart each subscriber server.AFTER all subscriber servers have been restarted, you must go to the publisher server and issue the CLI command utils dbreplication reset all .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/8_5_1/cli_ref_851.html#pgfId-42009

Last Updated:Jan 17, 2013

Clearly the order is reversed and does not match one another.

Not that the order May matter, but the CLI has been the Trusted Resource from Cisco itself and i believe the Document may need to be updated as the whole world is looking at it and may be confused in such critical command.

Any thoughts and feedback would be appreciated

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I agree with your observation. This command "utils dbreplication clusterreset" is not available in 9.x and higher versions, when i try to run it on my 10.x / 11.x clusters i get the following output

admin:utils dbreplication clusterreset

********************************************************************************************
This command is deprecated, please use 'utils dbreplication reset' to repair replication!
********************************************************************************************

Regarding the correct procedure, the following doc has the right info

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52421/troubleshooting-cucm-database-replication-linux-appliance-model

utils dbreplication clusterreset

Always run from the publisher node, used to reset replication connections and do a broadcast of all tables. Error checking is ignored. Following this command 'utils dbreplication reset all' should be run in order to get correct status information. Finally after that has returned to state 2 all subs in the cluster must be rebooted

Note:  This command is no longer functional as of CUCM 9.0(1).  Use "utils dbreplication reset all" instead.

Manish