Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm version 11.5.1SU3b and IM&Presence version 11.5.1 SU3a compatibility

Good afternoon.,

we have migrated cluster call manager to version 11.5.1SU3b in a satisfactory way but when trying to upgrade from IM & Presence to version 11.5.1SU3a, it is not successful, there is some incompatibility of these versions.

Another problem that arose in the migration of call manager is that in the License License Manager appear even in version 9.1.2, is an additional procedure necessary to update them to version 11.5.1SU3b ??

thanks and regards.,

Camilo.

mmxviii

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, they're compatible,look at the upgrade logs to find the reason for the failure.

yes, you'll need to migrate the 9.x licenses to 11.x licenses with the help of the licensing team.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Good afternoon Jaime.,

I appreciate your answer, I would like to know if the document (readme) associated with the latest version of IM & Presence (11.5.1SU3a), is not updated but as you will see in the attached files with capture taken from said document; indicates that the version of IM & Presence (11.5.1SU3a) available on the Cisco site. It would not be compatible with the latest version of CUCM (11.5.1SU3b) to which we have updated the cluster. From there the consultation was born. I will look for the log of the upgrade process to see if I find something to guide us about why we can not complete the upgrade. Thanks again and I would like to know your opinion about the document in reference.

hello,

We have upgraded a cluster where both CUCM and IMP are SU3b and it works fine. You need to tshoot the upgrade process but it is not limitation definitely. Maybe the documentation will be updated soon.

Peter

good morning
Thanks Peter for your help, please if you can tell me if you got with the TAC the upgrade version of IM & Presence 11.5.1SU3b because as you will see in the attached file are the screenshots taken from Cisco Systems site for CUCM upgrade files (11.5. 1.SU3b) and IM & Presence (11.5.1.SU3a), also attached notes that appear in the Readme document associated with the latest version of IM & Presence. This is what leads us to have the question of compatibility.
On the other hand, in other documents of the manufacturer indicates that it is enough that the first numbers of the version between both is equal, that is, CUCM version 11.5.1 IM & Presence 11.5.1 and this would be enough for its compatibility.
Finally, we are analyzing a topic with the NTP server that is assigned to both clusters, which has a stratum of 10 for CUCM and 11 for IM & Presence and this would be a possible reason for not synchronizing both clusters. The strange thing is that in v. 9.1.2, in which both services were before the upgrade; There was never a problem.

Thank you for your support and help and we remain attentive to any contribution or tips.

I was overlooking: IMP is SU3a: 11.5.1.13901-1. You are also correct about CUCM 11.5.1 and IMP 11.5.1 remain compatible no matter SU release.
NTP stuff is well detailed: https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/technical-documentation-ideas/cisco-cucm-ntp-documentation-requirements/td-p/2089179

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your feedback, in relation to making the NTP server configuration change in the Call Manager cluster, which in turn is NTP server for the subscribers of the same cluster for IM & Presence and Unity. all in version 11.5.1.

I can not confirm what the real impact of this change is for the CUCM cluster.

Is it necessary once I change the NTP server ip address in the CUCM publisher to restart the entire cluster ?? or other impact on registered devices.
I do not know if you have clarity about this please.

Good morning,
After restarting IM & Presence Publisher and Subscriber regardless of the stratum of NTP server, the service synchronized with CUCM cluster and also re-established the Jabber client login service which had stopped working. we had associated it with the fact that in another area they had started to implement Spark, I understand that by default it enables the Webex service in the cloud and this would have made the Jabber users stop seeing Presence server and ExpressWay-E for their authentication.
The issue is that now everything is working ok and we can only change the origin of the ntp server to improve the stratum of it.

I want to thank as always all the people who selflessly gave us help in this matter.

Have a good day and a better week.

regards,

Camilo Barbaste A.

mmxviii