Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE fails to send voicemail messages via e-mail to users

Tofaz
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy,

I have a Cisco Unity Express configured to send VM messages via e-mail to users and it worked fine until a couple of weeks ago using a yahoo e-mail account/SMTP server.
Initially I thought that Yahoo changed their SMTP server IP address since it was hardcoded into CUE but it didn't work even adding the Record A. I have also tried to use a Gmail account but I get the same issue. Here my config:

unity# sh smtp server
SMTP Server:      smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port:        465
Authentication:   Required
Username:         username@gmail.com
Security:         ssl

voicemail configuration outgoing-email from-address username@gmail.com

Here what I'm seeing in the logs:

<195>Dec  8 09:25:36 localhost java[2664]:   ERROR voicemail msgnotif processemail EmailSender: Error sending email, UID=7904
<195>Dec  8 09:25:36 localhost java[2664]:   ERROR voicemail msgnotif processemail javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
<195>Dec  8 09:25:36 localhost java[2664]:   nested exception is:
<195>Dec  8 09:25:36 localhost java[2664]: 	javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.Sun

Googling the java error it seems that CUE is not able to trust the smtp.gmail.com SSL certificate so I guess the CA certificates on CUE have expired? Is there a way to increase the log level of the messages.log in order to get more details of the error?

Thank you for your help!

0 Replies 0