cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can hear all audio, besides Jabber call audio

RinSm32351
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently working from home, and my older laptop bit the dust this morning. I set up my newer Dell Alienware, and all was good. I'm using the same headset as always, I can hear everything fine (including ring tones), except call audio. People can hear me, but I can't hear them. I already tried restarting jabber, restarting the computer, but nothing is working. I have a feeling it has something to do with my newer laptop since this issue only started today, but I'm not tech saavy so I haven't been able to figure out why it's happening or what the actual issue is. 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're an end user, you should be reaching out to your IT team for assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, I did, but after telling me to restart the computer and seeing that didn't work they weren't sure what to do. Despite the slowness I've had to put up with my old computer (Dell Inspiron 15-3567) and use it as a "phone" since Jabber works fine on that, I'm thinking it's something wrong with the computer itself (Dell Alienware 17 R4), so now I'm not sure if it's something I can fix within Jabber (if it's a Jabber issue), if there's certain types of computers Jabber isn't compatible with, or if I have to reach out to Dell Customer Support. It's such a weird problem that it's confusing on where to get advice lol. 

See if your machine is running the Maxx Waves Audio or whatever DSP software that is that seems to install by default. I have another customer who has this issue and it's just with Jabber call audio, and it seems to be related to the audio driver and perhaps this software manipulating the audio.

It was also suggested to check audio ducking under the Communications tab in the sound control panel (classic panel), and see if selecting "Do Nothing" helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: