cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8 Off-net Dialing

tmoore
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue when calling off-net numbers with CUPC when using my deskphone for audio.  Calling mobile #'s from Outlook 2007 or from the contacts list; the call will ring but after about 8 seconds the deskphone goes to fastbusy.  I'm testing using my mobile phone and the call does ring the mobile phone and if I answer before the 8 seconds I just have dead air and when the deskphone goes to fast busy the mobile phone shows the call disconnected.

These calls use a translation pattern on CM 7.1 to add the 9 for the off-net access code so the CUPC users can dial directly from Outlook or their contacts.  This translation pattern works fine if I dial the number manually from my deskphone or if I use the CUPC softphone from my computer.  Its just fails when using the deskphone (7965) for audio.

Any ideas??

Thanks

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

From your description, it sounds like there were some dial rules involved so the audio path was different when you dialed using CUPC or manually from the phone.  ie. the call might go through different voice gateways (routers).  Because of the different configuration on those routers, there might be a codec issue which caused the no audio/call drop.

I would troubleshoot the problem in the following procedure:

1) Check CUCM to see how many different gateways are being used for outbound calls

2) Test different scenarios to see which gateway was being used in which scenario

3) Double check the gateway configuration (dail-peers, codec, etc.)

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Both types of calls are going out same gateway, I ran a "debug voice dialpeer all" on the router this morning when no one was in.  The debug traces were pretty much identical for both when I manually dialed from the phone and from when I used the CUPC with my deskphone for audio.   I've attached the debugs.  At line 471758 is were I answered the call when I manually dialed and the next entry is when I disconnected.  When calling from CUPC I answered at line 472277 but the next entry is the same time stamp when it disconnect the farend and I heard the fastbusy on my deskphone.  Is there any other debugs that would be helpful I fairly new at getting this deep into the calls?