Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.x Voicemail

jeremie.boisset
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got a problem with the cupc 8.X. When I'm in the deskphone mode (with a 69XX) i'm not not able to play a message in the voicemail with the cupc (there's an error on the pc). However in the softphone mode it works fine. For information I use : CUCM 8.5, CUC 8.5, CUPS 8.5.

Does anyone has tips concerning this topic?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Question please

- Does CUPC have issues in download voicemessage in deskphone mode

- Or VoiceMail downloads fine but when clicking on Play on CUPC it doesn't work only in deskphone mode (this will be very strange) and the same can be played from CUPC only by switching to softphone?

Thanks

The CUPC doesn't have issues in download voicemessage (the password is the same in CUCM and CUC). It also works with client IMAP such as Thunderbird.

The problem is when clicking on Play on CUPC it doesn't work only in deskphone mode and it works fine in softphone mode.

Jeremie,

I just want to make sure that you understand even if you are in desk phone mode voicemails will only play through the PC speakers.  Honestly there should be no difference in voicemail functionality with the CUPC client when you are in desk/soft phone mode. 

Please make sure that you still have the PC audio on as it will only play sound through the PC.  If this is not the case you will need to open a service request so we can experience the issue for ourselves as it is very peculiar.

Regards,

Jason