cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.0 Cisco UP XCP Directory Service doesn't start

Chris Schuerger
Level 1
Level 1

I have just upgraded from CUPS 7.0 to 8.0(2).  I have upgraded the CUPC client from 7.x to 8.x.  On the server I have started pretty much all of the new services except for the Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver and the Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager.  I have upgraded my server license and started all of the services.  The Cisco UP XCP Directory Service however will not start.  I assume this is the service that replaced whatever service was responsible for LDAP integration into AD.  When I try to start it I see it stay on 'starting' for while then it eventually goes back to 'not started'  Nothing should have changed on the Active Directory Side since I am also using that account for CallManager AD sync and that is still working.  Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Chris Schuerger
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind.  The Cisco UP XCP Directory Service (according to TAC) is only for connecting to an XMPP LDAP dir

ectory.  The real issue was that somebody had chaged the password for the LDAP account that I was using to sync to AD.

Chris Tolley
Level 3
Level 3

Interesting, I have a TAC case open for this same issue. Unfortunatly I've gotten very little in the way of response yet. If I do, I'll post what I get here.

I notice in the syslogs (using RTMT) that the service tries 3 times to start before failing.

Any one solve this issue please tell us i'm facing this too,also these service pehaving the same

Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver

Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manage

When i try to start one it tells

"Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver Service Start Operation was Successfull"

at the time it's not

All,

The XCP Directory services (along with the Message Archiver / XMPP Federation Connection Manager) will not start unless properly configured.  These are not services typically used by most customers.  Below is a description of the uses for these:

Cisco UP XCP Directory - This is used for 3rd party clients that connect in through XMPP.  This is essentially an laternate LDAP server that they can search for contacts.

Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver - This is used for archiving chat messages on an external Post GRE SQL server.

Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager - This is used for fererations with XMPP services.  Examples of this would be to fererate with gchat so you can IM those users.

Regards,

Jason

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/CUPdeploy/dgldap.html#pgfId-1109977

Note Do not turn on the Cisco UP XCP Directory Service until you configure the LDAP server, and LDAP search settings for third-party XMPP clients. If you turn on the Cisco UP XCP Directory Service, but you do not configure the LDAP server, and LDAP search settings for third-party XMPP clients, the service will start, and then stop again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: