cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions on Cisco Prime License Manager BE6000

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I have a few questions related to Cisco Prime License Manager (v10.5) in a new BE6000 environment.

The customer is a relatively small UC implementation: 500 phones, 400 Unity Conn mailboxes, Cisco Emergency Responder. All UC application servers are HA and there are two C220 servers.

Cisco Prime License Manager has been installed co-resident on the CUCM Pub, the CUCM sub, the UConn Pub, and the UConn sub.

Questions:

-Should I use one of the co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager servers or build a standalone? If co-resident, does it matter which co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager I use? For example, is it appropriate to use the CUCM Publisher?

-Do I define all six UC servers as a Product Instance on Cisco Prime License Manager, or do I define only the publishers?

-Is there a way to "turn off" the other Cisco Prime License Manager's that are not used?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-Should I use one of the co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager servers or build a standalone? If co-resident, does it matter which co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager I use? For example, is it appropriate to use the CUCM Publisher?

A: If you build a standalone, it will count against the number of VMs you can have, and will take vCPU and vRAM, you should stick with a co-res. Use any PLM you want, that makes no difference at all.

-Do I define all six UC servers as a Product Instance on Cisco Prime License Manager, or do I define only the publishers?

A: You can only define the PUBs when adding product instances.

-Is there a way to "turn off" the other Cisco Prime License Manager's that are not used?

A: No

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate