Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.5 Multi-Node User Assignment

juan.anzola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a CUPS 8.5 Deployment with 2 7835 Servers. They are configured in HA and Rebalancing Users automatically. I have no DNS configurarion. My problem, is when i try to add a contact that is assigned to the other node from CUPC it just fail to add it without any errors. So, i have two questions:

1. Is there any way to do this without DNS?
  2. Should I assign every user to the same node?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes but it's not recommended unless you have no ability to enable multicast: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgcupc.html#wp1137908
2. No. I have a customer with a multi-node deployment where users are distributed and this works fine.

There are errors generated somewhere, likely on the CUP server side in the XMPP logs. If the troubleshooter is all green and you still can't do it I suggest opening a TAC case. I haven't spent enought time with the Jabber logs yet to be useful in interupting them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes but it's not recommended unless you have no ability to enable multicast: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgcupc.html#wp1137908
2. No. I have a customer with a multi-node deployment where users are distributed and this works fine.

There are errors generated somewhere, likely on the CUP server side in the XMPP logs. If the troubleshooter is all green and you still can't do it I suggest opening a TAC case. I haven't spent enought time with the Jabber logs yet to be useful in interupting them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: