Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS federation with public XMPP servers

Dear Community,

since 3 months we have proper working Call Manager installation (cucm, cuc and cups). We also have an old openfire XMPP server installation.

The openfire server is used to communicate with other networks like ICQ, AIM and some public XMPP servers (like jabber.ccc.de, Google Talk, etc).

So now we have 2 company xmpp server (cups and openfire) and I would like to kick out the openfire server.

AIM and ICQ are not really importend to us but XMPP is. So I would like to configure our Cisco Unified Presence Server to federate with public XMPP servers.

I found this manuel but I couldn't setup a working config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/integration_notes/Federation/XMPPConfig_chapter.html

I tried to add an external contact into my Jabber for Windows Client but the invitation never showed up into my users profile on the public server.

So something does not work!

These ports are reachable from the internet via port forwarding (80, 443, 5222, 8443, 5269).

The server itself can access the internet via every port and these protocolls udp, tcp and ping.

This is the same configuration as for the openfire xmpp server (which works fine!).

Does anyone has a clue how to set up a federation with a public XMPP server?

Screenshots of the config would be really nice.

And if there is a way to federate with ICQ or AIM I would appreciate any help on that. But it is really not as important as XMPP federation.

Kind Regards

René

0 Replies 0