cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Status on Remote CUCM`

jason.finnigan1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CUCM/CUC/CUPS system at each of our locations. CUPS all have interclustering setup with each other, and CUCM have trunks with dial patterns for the extensions. So they are connected the only issue we are having is that on our Cisco 8861 phone the corp directory will only show presence for people on the local CUCM is there another trunk or something I need to make for it to show everyone's status?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't recall if BLF is supported across clusters, but does the "subscribe CSS" on the phone list the partition of the route patten pointing to the SIP trunk? Is the extension on the other side matching exactly what is defined on the user telephone number in corp directory? You may also check to see if the SIP security profile assigned to the SIP trunk on each site has "Accept presence subscription" checked.

We are using Inter-Cluster Trunk's rather than SIP between the CUCMs for calls, maybe that is the issue. I'll test out SIP.

That will definitely not work as ICT is H323 based which can not deliver presence status. If both CUCM sides are version 8.5+ it is recommended to use SIP trunks for the integration rather than ICT.

Thanks I'll check it out. Ours are all on 10 or 11 now.