Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom LDAP Filter

jaytward42
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

In Active Directory all the users are setup with their full E.164 address.  I am looking for a way to filter this down to 4 or 7 digits using a LDAP Filter when importing users into CallManager.  Is it possible to do this?  If so, does anyone have an example of a filter?  I can't seem to get it to work.  We are running CM ver 8.5

Thanks

Jay

2 Replies 2

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,

Under call manager web admin page > System > LDAP > LDAP directory there is a "Phone Number" field that is mapped to "telephoneNumber" AD attribute. It is possible to change the telephoneNumber field to something else (for example "ipPhone") that contains the 4 digits instead of E.164 format of AD

Thanks

Adding on to Hasans post (+5 M.H.), I am guessing you want to transform the E.164 number so that it lines up with your end user dialing behavior from the Cisco phones (i.e. 4-digit dialing). Specifically, I am assuming you want to address how the number is presented in the phone's Corporate Directory.

You have two methods:

1. Use the method Md Hasan describes. This is what we do for most of our customers that find themselves in this situation. You may need to work with your AD systems folks to do this programatically.

2. Use a custom corporate directory application on an external web server that uses the native E.164 format but transforms it before rendering the directory list on the phone. We do this for our customers. Usually we go this route if the AD guys aren't cooperating (rare) or the customer has a special need such as variable length dialing that is site dependant or adding another field such as mobile phone.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

please rate helpful posts

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify