cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL Professional Licensing Useage

WillF
Level 1
Level 1

In my organisation we have over 600 CUWL Professional licenses and around 400 end users with an IP phone and a few additional end points (Conference phones - 3rd Party devices). We are looking to potentially roll out Cisco Jabber to each user, and possibly provide each user with a CSF device as well for remote working. However if we only assigned 2 devices to end users, this would consume 2 CUWL Pro licenses, but if I was to add an additional 3rd device to an end user, it would only then start to use just 1 CUWL licesnse. 

I'm not sure if this is the way Cisco intended it to be, but it seems pretty unfair to me, we have purchased sufficient CUWL Pro licenses, but have to assign a minimum of 3 devices to activate 1 licenses correctly. And as we would only be assigining 2 devices to users, we will be using double the amount of licenses. 

Apologies for the spiel, but could someone let me know if I am missing something here, or if there is a better route to follow with this kind of licensing?

Thanks. 

0 Replies 0