Helpful
Replies

CVP upgrade/migrate from 8.5 to 10.x in UCS/VM

PAmai0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

could you please suggest on below question for me,

i am planing to upgrade/migrate CVP 8.5 to CVP 10.x in UCS/VM platform, i have below queires

1. can i upgrade directly to 10.x from 8.5 or i need upgrade to 9.0 and then to 10.x , please help me.

2. any changes required in VXML/call studio applications?

Thank you

Paddy

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paddy,

Please check the following guide for details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_0/installation/guide/CVP_BK_CE7581E0_00_cvp-installation-upgrade-guide-1001/CVP_BK_CE7581E0_00_cvp-installation-upgrade-guide-1001_chapter_0101.html#CCVP_TP_UCDC8D53_00

It will be be a migration involving change of Windows platform.

When you upgrade Cisco Unified CVP Server (VXML Server is included), you must also upgrade Unified Call Studio to the same version. Unified Call Studio can work with CVP Server only if the both of them have the same version.

HTH

Manish

Thank you Manish.

I have attached UCCE 8.5 compatibility matrix, and my query is.

Since all other UCCE(8.5 or 8.6) components are compatible with CVP 10.0, i am planing to upgrade CVP first from 8.5 to 10.0, will be there any issues? or is there any installation task flow? i understand that CVP is pretty much standalone component.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_8.5(x)

Awaiting for your reply/help :)

Thank you

Paddy

Hi Paddy,

Yes, CVP can be upgraded first.

Manish

Thank you, Manish.

Since this are is a plateform change (from Windows server 2003 to windows server 2008 R2) its a migration.

can i go for direct migration from CVP 8.5 to CVP 10.0?  export configarations from CVP 8.5 and import in CVP 10.0(or manual confugarations).

We have call studio applications as well, and will upgrade to version 10.0.

Is there any imapct on VXML/call studio applications, if i go direct migration from CVP 8.5 to CVP 10.0?

Thank you

Paddy

Hi Paddy,

We need to follow the migration path as outlined here. It also covers the VXML and Call Studio

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_0/installation/guide/CVP_BK_CE7581E0_00_cvp-installation-upgrade-guide-1001/CVP_BK_CE7581E0_00_cvp-installation-upgrade-guide-1001_chapter_0110.html

Migrate VXML Server

Before You Begin
  • Ensure that the VXML server and Unified Call Studio are of the same version so that Unified Call Studio can work with the VXML server.

• Ensure that you have licenses for all Unified CVP components.

Note

If you do not apply licenses to the migrated components, the software runs in evaluation mode.

• Back up any custom audio files from %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/CVP/audio.

• Back up third-party libraries, such as .class or .jar files, at:

%CVP_HOME%\VXMLServer\common\classes
    %CVP_HOME%\VXMLServer\common\lib
    %CVP_HOME%\VXMLServer\applications\APP_NAME\java\application\classes
    %CVP_HOME%\VXMLServer\applications\APP_NAME\java\application\lib
    %CVP_HOME%\VXMLServer\applications\APP_NAME\java\util

where APP_NAME is the name of deployed voice application.

Note

By default, %CVP_HOME% is C:\Cisco\CVP.

• Install CVP Server. See Install CVP Server.

Procedure

Step 1  Log in to Operations Console and select Device Management > Unified CVP VXML Server.
    Step 2  Select the Unified CVP VXML Server with the chosen IP address and the hostname.
    Step 3  Click Edit and select the VXML Server configuration for editing.
    Step 4  Click Save and Deploy to deploy the configuration to the new VXML Server.
    Step 5  (Optional) If you need a secure connection between the Operations Console and VXML Server, configure SSL certificates.
    Step 6  Upload the license file to the new VXML Server using Operations Console.
    Step 7  Restore the audio files to the %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\CVP\audio folder.
    Step 8  

Restart the Cisco CVP VXML Server and VXMLServer service.

HTH

Manish

Thank you Manish, much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: