cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Walker Found Errors But Did Not FIX

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(4), vm only. In dev lab I have brought up many instances of Unity servers but now have settled on the final four. I ran DB Walker and the following errors came up with no fix. I think I need to remove the references to Unity servers that no longer exist. I also see in AD users and groups the references but they are under cryptic numeric names and I am afraid to remove the wrong ones.Thanks!

DB Walker Error:

Alias=allsubscribers

Display name=All Subscribers - UNITYB2

Extension= 99991

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #99991:

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYB2

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYB1

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYSRVB

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYA1

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYSRVA

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYB2

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYSRVB

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITY

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right... dbWalker is no smarter than you are and is not going to know which objects to delete for you - as such it leaves it to you to sort out which ones are real and which ones are bogus.

Looks like maybe you didn't uninstall your other Unity instances when you took them off line and left DL objects for All Subscribers (and probably other objects) in the directory. You will need to remove those to clean this up, there's simply no way dbWalker can figure out for you which ones you want to remove.

I have the same problem. Could you please explain mein detal what do I have to do in order to fix this error.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you build a unity server you will get some default objects such as All Subscribers with a default extension of 99991.

When you have UNITYB2, UNITYB1, UNITYSRVB, etc. in the same domain, you will see this issue. You can change the DN of these All Subscribers to have unique DNs and the errors will go away.

If the servers no longer exists, you can delete the All Subscribers DL for that server.