cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Decomission CUCM 8.6.2 sub

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a cluster of 6 subscribers, some of which have no devices registered to them, but are still running cm services, and are part of db replication.  I would like to decomission these.   Would a best practice be to first stop the services, shutdown from cli, and then remove from cm on the pub?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes make sure there isn't any device using these servers or any media resources etc. (like MOH, MTP etc) from the servers you are intending to delete. Remove these servers from CUCM groups if they are present in any.

Once confirmed they are not in use, you can turn off the services (specially the call manager service) on these servers.

Shutdown and delete the servers from Publisher.

At this stage from RTMT you can verify the dbreplication across rest of the servers should be showing up good and the deleted servers will not be shown there.

The below document also suggests to reboot the cluster (But in the past, I have removed the subs from the cluster without a reboot and never had any issues)

Go through the tips mentioned here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b02servr.html

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes make sure there isn't any device using these servers or any media resources etc. (like MOH, MTP etc) from the servers you are intending to delete. Remove these servers from CUCM groups if they are present in any.

Once confirmed they are not in use, you can turn off the services (specially the call manager service) on these servers.

Shutdown and delete the servers from Publisher.

At this stage from RTMT you can verify the dbreplication across rest of the servers should be showing up good and the deleted servers will not be shown there.

The below document also suggests to reboot the cluster (But in the past, I have removed the subs from the cluster without a reboot and never had any issues)

Go through the tips mentioned here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b02servr.html

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

thank you very much for the quick response.   They have already been removed from any cm groups.  should the services be stopped by "service activation" or by "control center-feature services"?

I would also assme using the cli shutdown command would be preferred?