cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete CER license files

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

I'm having issues with CER 8.x license hope some can help here, customer want to upgrade from CER 2.x on MCS server to 8.5 on UCS server. So I upgraded CER from 2.x to 7.1 to 8.5 on an interim server no license issues at all. When I did DRS back up from Interim server and restored on UCS server I started to have license issues. I called Tac engr who was helping from licensing team  and explained what I was doing so she was keep issueing different license files none of them worked. I just want to delete all the license files I have installed so far and start over and see that fixes it. I thought there may be an option under CLI like we have in CUCM but there in no option to delete those lic files . Please can you help me to delete those lice files or do I need to open a TAC case to get root access.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should be possible since CER 7.x that has implemented the fix for "CSCsk37388    Need a way to delete the licenses"

To do so:1. View / Download / Delete license files uploaded onto the system, using the File Management Utility (found under Tools)
2. After deletion, restart CER service. The License Manager shows the updated license info (i.e. decremented user license count in case of a user license, or evaluation mode in case of a server license).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should be possible since CER 7.x that has implemented the fix for "CSCsk37388    Need a way to delete the licenses"

To do so:1. View / Download / Delete license files uploaded onto the system, using the File Management Utility (found under Tools)
2. After deletion, restart CER service. The License Manager shows the updated license info (i.e. decremented user license count in case of a user license, or evaluation mode in case of a server license).

Thank you so much . I did not know that they added this under file management . You r da man..!

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you so much for your help. I didn't know it was there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

tany78007
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You. This really did help.