cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deploy a lab environment with CUCM and Vmware Workstation 12 pro

Hi everyone,

I am trying to deploy my lab environment using the following:

-Vmware Workstation 12 pro.

-cm-locale-fr_CA-9.0.1.2000-1.cop.sgn (CUCM IOS).

I am using this setting:

I suppose there is something wrong with my OS. I would be grateful if you could help me. 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, we do not support AMD for Cisco, and we only support ESXi for UC on UCS, IMHO there's no point deploying something like this which you'll never find in a real life environment, specially as you'll run into several issues with AMD

second, the only file that you mention, is simply a locale file you use on an already installed CUCM to get canadian french installed, that file is not used to install a CUCM server.

if you want to know the specs for a vm, they're listed in the virtualization wiki, on a real life environment,you're supposed to use the OVAs to deploy the VMs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, we do not support AMD for Cisco, and we only support ESXi for UC on UCS, IMHO there's no point deploying something like this which you'll never find in a real life environment, specially as you'll run into several issues with AMD

second, the only file that you mention, is simply a locale file you use on an already installed CUCM to get canadian french installed, that file is not used to install a CUCM server.

if you want to know the specs for a vm, they're listed in the virtualization wiki, on a real life environment,you're supposed to use the OVAs to deploy the VMs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you want to install it for lab purposes only as Jamie let you know this would not be supported deployment. With that being said I've install CUCM, etc on different unsupported hardware for lab purposes, and your issue is you are not booting from proper installation media. remember you cannot download bootable software from Cisco website, the only way to get it is to request it via PUT upgrade portal, or "hack" the non-bootable media to be bootable (many examples of that on the web).