Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Detecting SIP call flow commands in gateways and CUCM - without "debug" command

Hello,

I am working on a application which detects faults in the SIP calls. I would like to know if there is any way to trace the "SIP Call Flow commands", so that I can identify where was the problem occured. "SIP call flow commands", I mean, communication between the gateway and the phones (user agent) like "SETUP, "INVITE", "TRYING", "RINGING", "CALL PROCEEDING" and etc. 

I have gone through these links

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/113271/understanding-sip-traces

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/71131/basic-sip-call-flows-troubleshooting-commands

But the above are using "debug" commands, we are not allowed to use "debug" commands, So I am opting out "debug" commands. I believe there must be some other CLI commands that would populate these "Call Flow". 

Also I would like to know with CUBE and without CUBE installed scenarios.

Thanks,

Pandi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Debug is how you get that sort of output from the router. If you aren't allowed to do that, then you will have to do something more challenging:

1) If you have CUCM, you can turn traces to 'detailed' and then scan the trace files for the SIP signalling - it's in there in text format.

2) Alternatively you could packet capture the signalling and decode it. Tricky.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Debug is how you get that sort of output from the router. If you aren't allowed to do that, then you will have to do something more challenging:

1) If you have CUCM, you can turn traces to 'detailed' and then scan the trace files for the SIP signalling - it's in there in text format.

2) Alternatively you could packet capture the signalling and decode it. Tricky.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks a lot Aaron, My CUCM version is 10.5. How do I enable traces to "Detailed". I couldn't find this option in the call manager web console. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Pandi

Hi

Go into CCM Serviceability, trace config.

Aaron

Yes, I got it. Thanks a lot.