Dial By Number from AA Fails when Multiple NPA's Exist

matthubach
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM Version 8.5

CUC Version 8.5

- 10 digit enterprise dial plan

- 4 digit dial plan available within local sites

We have a site that uses an AA to direct calls. The AA is a Subscriber and the AA message says, "...or dial the 4 digit extension of the party you are trying to reach.", etc. However, a single particular site has 2 different DID ranges and each has a different NPA.

For example:

303-555-60XX

303-111-42XX

So a caller dials in over a PRI, hits the AA, and presses 6033. The AA is configured to prepend 303555 under the Call Input settings. After the caller presses 6033, the call is transferred to CUCM with 10 digits, 3035556033, and the call is completed.

However, when a caller dials the AA, presses 4255, it should transfer to CUCM with 10 digits, 3035554255, which is not a valid number because the 4255 number is within the DID range using the '111' NPA. So I created a new translation pattern in CUCM as follows:

30355542XX translates to 30311142XX.

The above idea did not work. It does not appear to ever hit the translation pattern, or ever leave UnityConnection for that matter. (FYI...I have the transfer rule set to "release to switch" on the AA subscriber.)

So I did some testing.

1) I dial the AA, and I press 4233. As I mentioned before, the caller input is configured to prepend 303555, so the call is xlated to 3035554233. I hear a message that says, "...you cannot be transferred to this number." From this message, it is my belief, I hear this because there is no VM account configured with this extension within CUC. But, why? I am trying to deliver that call to CUCM regardless of whether or not there is a VM account with this extension.

2) So, just to make sure, I dialed the AA again, and this time pressed 6022. There is no VM account configured with this extension, 3035556022. Again, I get, "...you cannot be transferred to this number." I do know the dial by number works for this DID range, --IF-- there is a VM account associated with the extension being dialed. As was the case when using the 6033 example.

My summary suggests a call never gets transffered to the switch immediately. It does some kind of VM account lookup first, and then something within the UnityCOnnection account allows it to transfer. I did look at the account for 3035556033 and the transfer rules are set to 'release to switch' as well. Also, on the AA Subscriber, I have the box checked under standard greetings to, "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers."

Any help/suggestions much appreciated and will continue to work with TAC.

2 Replies 2

matthubach
Level 1
Level 1

If I add an alternate extension it works.

So, on the CUC account for 4233, the 10 digit extension is 3031114233. If I add the alternate extension 3035554233 it successfully transfers the calls to CUCM and the user can answer.

It looks like a restriction table issue , "*" might be checked so calls are not going through after un checking that box
calls should work