Helpful
Replies

Difference between Forced Authorization Codes and Prefix Route Pattern

agathe.dechacus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to implement access for users.

I don't know if i have just to configure FAC (Forced Authorization Codes) for users, and then they can make a call dependind of their access code. Or implemented a prefix for route pattern, eg put # before to make a call?

Excuse my very bad english.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FACs do not need to be in the same CSS. FAC only kicks in at the Route Pattern. So for example, I need to dial 9.14085551212. I have a Route Pattern with 9.1[2-9]x[2-9]XXXXXXX. On the Route Pattern configuration, I need to check mark the box for use FAC. When I call 9.14085551212, CUCM will prompt me to enter in my FAC. If it matches and the privilege levels meets or exceeds the Route Pattern configure, it will let me proceed with my call.

Im not sure what you mean by dialing prefix. Im not sure of the dial prefix, unless you were had some sort of PreDot prefix you wanted to use to “steer” to the designated Route Pattern. In that case, you would simply use a different PT for the Route Pattern, and use something like 2009.1[2-9]x[2-9]XXXXXXX. The end user would dial 200-9-1-408-555-1212 the PreDot strip would lose the 2009 if the FAC matched or exceeded the authorization levels.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there.

You can implement FAC quite easily.   Simply add in the usersname (not really used, but for tracking) /Codes to the FAC configuartion section and set the privilage level.    When you setup a route pattern, you have the option of it using the FAC and at what level of authorization they can use that pattern as.   So for example, I dial route pattern 9.14085551212 (Long Distance).  The call hits the Route pattern, and then asks the users for their FAC code.  If it matches, and the privilage level is equel or higher, it will proceed to dial out.

Makes sense?

Thanks for answering.

Yes, i understand. To use FAC, i have to put my IP Phone on the same CSS with the CSS i used to implement the solution.

I would like to know the difference etween FAC implementation and make the dialer dial prefix for outbound dialing with prefix number by configuring the prefix paramater in route pattern.

FACs do not need to be in the same CSS. FAC only kicks in at the Route Pattern. So for example, I need to dial 9.14085551212. I have a Route Pattern with 9.1[2-9]x[2-9]XXXXXXX. On the Route Pattern configuration, I need to check mark the box for use FAC. When I call 9.14085551212, CUCM will prompt me to enter in my FAC. If it matches and the privilege levels meets or exceeds the Route Pattern configure, it will let me proceed with my call.

Im not sure what you mean by dialing prefix. Im not sure of the dial prefix, unless you were had some sort of PreDot prefix you wanted to use to “steer” to the designated Route Pattern. In that case, you would simply use a different PT for the Route Pattern, and use something like 2009.1[2-9]x[2-9]XXXXXXX. The end user would dial 200-9-1-408-555-1212 the PreDot strip would lose the 2009 if the FAC matched or exceeded the authorization levels.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey TCat,

Very nice explanation here buddy! +5 for this great work

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks.

It is more clear now.