cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLU count of new 7861G IP phone for migration purpose

reggiani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone! I'm considering an upgrade of a 7.x CUCM to 9.x utilizing old DLU purchased.

In the new implementation, some new 7861G IP phone will be used. So I ask how many DLU for each 7861G have to be migrated? I suppose 4 by comparing the old models....but I'm not so sure.....

For these new models, there are no documents on the CCO with this information

thanks!

Bye!

Andrew

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

With the move to 9.x DLU's are replaced with user-based licenses

either UCL or CUWL (but you know this ) so the question becomes

how many DLU's theoretically speaking the 7861 would use when converted

to your new licensing choice......make any sense?? (probably not)

But here is the clip that speaks to what license is required in 9.x for the

7800 series;

Licensing

The Cisco® IP Phone 7821 requires a Basic User Connect License (UCL) in order to  connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The Cisco® IP Phone 7841 and 7861 require an Enhanced User Connect License (UCL)  in order to connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps13220/data-sheet-c78-729488.html

And I believe an Enhanced UCL = 6 DLU's so you would need 6 spare DLU's per 7961

if you decide to use UCL vs CUWL licenses once you migrate to 9.x. It's all very confusing

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Thanks for your reply

I know that with 9.x UCL have to be utilzied, but I need anyway this info for this reason:

the customer has 960 old DLU acquired 7.x to be migrated.

So, by considering that in the new implementaton, new 7861Gs will be offered, I need to calculate how many UCLs do I have to quote in migration (960/DLUxphone), and how many new UCLs 9.x do I have to quote

The equivalence enhanched=6 doesn't convince me, since that I can see many models (es. 79xx) which require enhanced and have 4 DLU in weight

bye!