Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA problem

donghwa.kim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone

I'm working to upgrade callmanager from 4.1(3) to 5.0(4). but I don't make a DMA-backup files.

Plz, see the attach file.

it is capture display include error message. : Failure, windows-based W1 Migration verification.

I find message that DMA-backup files was made by DMA tool 5.0.4. but it doesn't verification.

what is the W1 ???

thanks.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Donghwa,

Have you checked this log file, it may indicate the exact nature of the problem;

Data validation log

Contains any validation errors that are found during the verification of database and directory data during the backup process

File Location C:\CiscoWebs\DMA\Bin

File Name datavalidation.log

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide09186a00806c51d6.html#wp52984

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Same error message here.

Addition: File datavalidation.log which is supposed to explain why validation failed is not produced in C:\CiscoWebs\DMA\Bin or any other directory on the server.

Any suggestins?

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

I think you should probably open up a case with Cisco Tac. I had a look on the Bug Toolkit and noted 51 Bugs associated with DMA problems on the CCM 5.X train. You might be hitting this one (that does not list any workaround);

CSCsf21021 Bug Details

Headline DMA 5.0(4)ES1.1 backup failed:W1 migration verification & DB in IDS veri

First Found-in Version 5.0(4)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hi!

I have the same problem.

As I understand, with unverified

tar file I can't continue the process

of upgrading?

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I have tried the workaround that says in the bug you mention but I'm still having the same problem.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

There is no workaround in the bug CSCsf21021.