cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downgrade the cucm form 10.x to 9.x

heba00001
Level 1
Level 1

How i can downgrade the cucm form 10.x to 9.x ??

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You most likely cannot.

Why would you want to do this?

If you have just upgraded and discovered issues, you can do a 'switch version' to return to your pre-upgrade version.

Alternatively you can use 'export/import' to export all your configuration, but then the config would require a lot of manipulation to get it into a format compatible with 9.x after you have built a fresh cluster.

Perhaps you can describe your scenario in more detail?

Aaron 

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you very mush for your answer , my scenario is , i install cucm 10.x and then when i tried to activated my license i face an issue i found that   licensing portal sent for as the 9.x version license but we order 10.x version license so this cause for us a problem  in activation our license , i can't   replace the license , so my only solution is to downgrade , so how can i do that and the Disaster Recovery System supports only matching versions of Cisco Unified Communications Manager for restore ؟؟؟

Hi,

This could be a mistake.You can speak to Licensing team and share the Sales Order number and make them understand the current situation.

SO would contain the Part Code for CUCM 10.

regds,

aman

i speck to them , and i can't replace them , so my solution is to downgrade at the moment , any anther advice from you about how i can do it ?

you need to follow what Aaron has mentioned.

What was the version u upgraded from to CUCM 10?

regds,

aman

i don't upgrade , from the beginning in  new server i install  cucm 10 , so i cant do the "switch version" .

heba

If you have just built this cluster your easiest option will be to start again and configure it from scratch.

If you do not want to do that then you will need to get your license problem fixed instead.

Do you have UCSS/SWSS entitlement?

When did you order CUCM, and what product codes did you purchase?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

if u have SWSS contract, then, let your existing CUCM remain on 10 since u have got grace period for 180 days.

You can immediately place the order through PUT for CUCM 10. x and get the desired licenses for CUCM10.

regds,

aman

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

any reason why u want to do this?

regds,

aman

Thank you very mush for your answer , my scenario is , i install cucm 10.x and then when i tried to activated my license i face an issue i found that   licensing portal sent for as the 9.x version license but we order 10.x version license so this cause for us a problem  in activation our license , i can't   replace the license , so my onlysolution is to downgrade , so how can i do that and the Disaster Recovery System supports only matching versions of Cisco Unified Communications Manager for restore ??