Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E&M card in srst mode

Hi ,

I'm looking for  a way to work with e&m card on voice gateway 2900 when the VG is in srst mode .  so when I'm dialing  to number from out side and he is getting to the VG with the E1 card that he have on him it will pass to the E&M card (on the same VG). can it happen that scenario ?

can we buy E&M card ? (EOL,EOS...)   

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ok. So during non-srst operation, CUCM will handle the call routing to/from that E&M. You would need to have a POTS dial-peer configured on the GW to route calls during non-srst operation.

Do you have this setup already or are you planning to purchase a E&M at the moment ?

View solution in original post

Ok. Remember that the dial-peer configured will only take effect when SRST comes into picture. Non-srst call routing will bypass any sort of IOS control.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What do you plan to hook up to the E&M port ? Remember the cabling and pin outs are critical for devices that are connected to E&M ports.
You can use them in SRST/non-SRST. And it's possible to route calls coming in on E1 to E&M ports.

Thank you for your response. This is about connecting to announcement

system. In the event of a failure to connect  the cucm we will still be able to make a public announcement using the same E&M card  . so in a daily working  we will send to the E&M card calls that go to the announcement system and when we in srst mode we will call through telco and retch to the same router\srst that the e&m card connect on him .

Ok. So it should be all about setting up a dial-peer on the router to route these calls over to the E&M port. Is this a MGCP GW ?

Yes  it is mgcp . so we can configure that to work with that scenario ?  

Ok. So during non-srst operation, CUCM will handle the call routing to/from that E&M. You would need to have a POTS dial-peer configured on the GW to route calls during non-srst operation.

Do you have this setup already or are you planning to purchase a E&M at the moment ?

I am planning to purchase  one E&M card and do all the test that need to be done . after that I will going to  purchase 20 E&M card on all my 2900 routers .

Ok. Remember that the dial-peer configured will only take effect when SRST comes into picture. Non-srst call routing will bypass any sort of IOS control.

Yes i know. 

Thanks for your help. 

Hi, 

start next week to configure that. 

just for remained - my router is in mgcp protocol .there is a way to operate the e/m card in that status?

thanks sharon

You would need to register it to CUCM for MGCP control. If you don't want to, then you can add the card to the gateway and setup a H.323 GW or SIP to the router and route the calls using that card. Recommendation is for SIP though but those are your two options.

I  do what to register it with mgcp.

in Srst mode. the phones (sip,sccp) that register to the srst can dial to the e/ m. 

I look for configuration docs but can not fine. some doc says that it cannot works. 

can you point me to docs that help with configuration? 

Oh, my bad. I got confused regarding your requirement. You cannot register a E/M card using MGCP. You won't even see a E&M card on CUCM. I was got confused with regards to T1 CAS E&M which is a different thing all together.