Views
Helpful
Replies

Empty voicemail messages from Port 72

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.05 UM/E2K/CM 4.13/72 ports

We have users who are getting empty messages from extention 11072, which is port 72. They are approx 1 sec in length and from the Unity Messaging System. I have not yet been able to reproduce this however I am thinking it is related to message notification. I have been watching the port and it appears to be working fine, MWIs, TRaP and message notification are working.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar to this or had any suggestions as to how to determine exactly what the configuration /issue is. Comments appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at Bug ID CSCsb42730.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the subscribers' Message Notification page, set the Wait for how many rings before hanging up? to one ring less than Forward No Answer Timer (default 12 seconds) in Callmanager.

I tested it on a subscriber and Unity's last port used by Message Notification hit the subscriber's greeting on port 1 and left a vm.

I set this to 3 rings on the Subscriber Template Message Notification page for each device. I looked in the Bulk Edit tool for a way to apply this but didnt find it. Does this change the setting currently in effect for all users? (or is it the COS that changes current settings?). I have one user who just sent me a blank 5 minute recording , which is the maximum message recording limit on the subscribers template - this points me to the bug mentioned above as it would be recording an incoming message? Also, the ES index does not list ES 25 - where can I get this or is it the 8.0.2 TSP update, Im not clear on that.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

TSP 8.0(2) supercedes Es25. Download from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-cm-tsp

You can also use TSP 8.1(1) which has more bug fixes (see Resolved Caveats—Release 8.1(1) http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008055e2b6.html#wp95905 )