cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

English Permissions wizard in French!

d1nnsear
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had this? I run the permissions wizard, runs through, I can see success as it's applying permissions, but the log at the end is in French.

I've tried running from the DVD, downloading the latest from ciscounitytools.com, running it from tools depot after install, same.

I've been manually checking the permissions, but I think I've got a permissions problem now, but I don't know what it is & would like to re-run the wizard, but it ain't no use!

I'm in the UK & have all my locals etc set to English (UK).

Cheers,

NJ.

3 Replies 3

k.wiebe
Level 1
Level 1

When you say the log at the end is in French, do you mean that the results page that displays what permissions have been set successfully is in French?

The results page is one of only two things that is localized into French. The other is the wizard itself, which I assume is in English. The localization of the results is accomplished with a file called PWResults_XXX.xsl, where the XXX is ENU for English, FRA for French, DEU for German, etc.

First, make sure the file PWResults_ENU.xsl looks like English - you can open it with Notepad. There's some formatting stuff in the file, but what words you see should be English. If not, that's the problem, though I don't see how this file might have become French....

If the ENU version of the file looks fine, then for some reason I can't explain at the moment, the wizard is using the FRA version of the file instead. Just copy the ENU version over the top of the FRA versions:

copy PWResults_ENU.xsl PWResults_FRA.xsl

Actually the versions is switched.

PWResults_FRA.xsl is in english and vice versa.

Copy the X:\Utilities\PermissionsWizard folder, where X is the CD or DVD drive, to the harddrive and delete the PWResults_ENU.xsl.

Rename the PWResults_FRA.xsl version to PWResults_ENU.xsl.

Run the wizard from the new location and the report is in english.

Have fun

Tonny

I'll try that the next time it happens.

Merci Beaucoup!