Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Server 2003 Offline Issues for Unity 4.0.3

yewting
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unity has detected the Exchage server as offline even if the Exchange server appears to be online. I've successfully verify the connectivity between the Unity and Exchange server with PING,NSLOOKUP and TRACERT test. However, voice message doesn't store into Exchange. All the voice message are temporary store at C:\CommServer\UnityMta.

I've enable the AvWm tracing to the event log through editing the registry. HKLM>Software>Active Voice>AvWm>1.00>Diag level value to 1. AvWm has generated an warning message: Error accessing service control manager on PORXA001. Open SCManager:5 (AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr:6356)

I have re-run the permission wizard successfully with no error to confirm the right issues. Lastly, I'm addding the following registry value and setting to force the Exchange server always to be up by disable the server ping check. (adding Disable Server Status Check Dword value to 1) Then, i'm encounter another error as following :Attempts to deliver UMR messages have failed due to Unity configuration or connectivity issues with the Partner Mail Server.Event ID:137 Category UMR Thread Error. Hope someone can help me on this. How to bring the Exchange Server online without editing the registry where i know this is jusy a temporary workaround. Please advise.

Cisco Unity Version 4.0

Build Number 4.0(3) SR 1 (UM)

Windows Server Version Microsoft Windows 2000 build 2195 (Service Pack 3)

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your Exchange 2003 server running Windows 2003 SP1? If so, take a look at this field notice:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a00804412a6.shtml

If this is your problem, you can either follow one of the two workarounds in the field notice, or upgrade to Unity 4.0(5), which addresses this problem.

lfaqiryan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are having the same exact issue, we have unity 4.0.3sr1 and we recently rehomed the exchange partner server from exchange 2000 server to a exchange 2003 server. Unity is falsely reporting that exchange partner server is offline and it's running in the UMR state. the exchange server does not have windows 2003sp1 so that is not our issue. I currently have a case open with cisco and we have not been successful in getting this resolved. Can you please tell me how you resolved you issue.

Thank you so much.

Laila

Hi Laila -

Check out this link, especially if the Exchange server is running 2003 SP1 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a008024d72f.shtml

Ginger