Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway stuck in "run install wizard" loop

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We have an issue with an expressway running on our vmware.

It keeps saying "run install wizard", we run it and then restart, it then asks again once we log in.

Why is it doing this, any help would be appreciated ?

cheers

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Where is the problem? just press "n" and the wizard is closed. No loop there.
"Works-as-designed"

Hi, we press no and it just hangs and says OK, the next time we log in, the same message comes up again.

Normal behavior. There is no "prompt" like it other systems. It waits for your input. It doesn't "hang".

@carl_townshend If your questions / concerns are answered, I would appreciate an "accepted solution".

in Expressway, you need to login on vm Console only once.. (for basic setup >> ip address + password & etc..)

after that, for all purpose of configs, you must login to web address of it with https.. >> (https://expressway-ip-address/)

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

This is not normal behaviour, this system has been running for a while, since the motherboard failed on the server and it came back on, the expressway now appears corrupt, hence it keeps going round in this loop, If I complete the wizard and restart it, when I log back in after the restart it comes up again, none of my other epxressways do this. It also does not let me web into it once I complete the wizard, we have had to restore the server from snapshot, its now all OK, so it must have been corrupted.

To not be able to login via Web can have multiple reasons.
But that it asks for the wizard every time when logging in via VMware console is normal. I have checked that in my lab servers and on 2 customers now. And AFAIK, I have never seen it differently.

BTW: Permanent snapshots are not supported.