Views
Helpful
Replies

Ext Mobility No Login option, softkeys say Update or Exit

bwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Recently I upgraded/migrated from CUCM 9.1 to CUCM 11.5.  We use Ext Mobility in the call center.  Agents log in to their desk phones and take calls.  All of the desk phones have no issues on 11.5.  But with Cisco IP Communicator (softphone) version 8-6-6, when I hit the services button, I get the option for Ext Mobility, but the login/PIN lines never show up.  All I get is "Ext Mobility" across the top of the screen, and two softkeys "Update" and "Exit" (see attached screenshot).  When I push the "Update" softkey, it says "Requesting..." at the bottom for about 1 second and nothing happens after that. Then after that when I hit the update button, nothing happens at all (no requesting... or anything)

I went in to CUCM 11.5, Device -> Device Settings -> Phone Services and created a new test Ext Mobility and get the same result using it.

On a side note, I did see just one hard/desk phone that had this same issue, but only one out of the 500+ phones we have here. The desk phone was resolved by factory resetting.  But with softphone I have uninstalled and re-installed it multiple times.  I can put an extension on it and make/receive calls just fine, but it just won't play nice with Ext mobility.   So really, I'm not sure why I'm having this issue primarily on softphones but the desk phones are fine.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1
Not sure if this helps but have you tried to restart Tomcat service?

Hello, thanks for your response.  I have restarted both the call manager cluster and Unity 2 or 3 times now, so I believe that would take care of restarting Tomcat service as well