Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension doesn't exist in CUCM

Hi there, 

We have an analog phone in our elevator for emergency purposes. When you pickup the handset, it automatically calls the local dispatch center for assistance. The analog phone is plugged into the FXS module on the voice router. Let's say, extension 250 is assigned to this phone, and when you pickup the handset it automatically forwards the call to an external phone number. The odd part is that I can't find extension 250 in CUCM. My question is, where is the extension configured? is on the voice router? how does it know to forward the call when the extension even doesn't exist in CUCM?

p.s we're running CUCM 8.5

Can anyone help? 

Thank you,

Behzad

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How did you configure the FXS port(s) are you using MGCP in conjunction with CUCM?  or are you using H323 only?

might wanna send us the voicegateways config

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I'm using MGCP. 

The config is attached. 

YOu have a connection plar 322 statement in the config,

so as soon as the phone goes off hook, 322 is dialed, ie.

dial-peer voice 1001 voip
 preference 2
 destination-pattern [1-7]..
 session target ipv4:10.10.211.10
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class h323 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 no vad
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

As Dennis has pointed out, you have a Connection Plar which simply means:

"If the port goes off hook, dial this number"

The gateway then needs some way of routing calls to this number as it doesn't host it locally.

The dial peer Dennis posted is where the gateway will forward the call for 322 as the destination pattern is '[1-7]..'

Whatever device 10.10.210.10 is, is where the calls for 322 are being routed to, presumably this is your CUCM server?

This assumes you have posted the whole voice gateway config,

You mention is routes to an external number, do you mean a like a full DDI type number?

Yes, 10.10.210.10 is my publisher. 

When the phone goes off hook, it dials 8470692 which is the local dispatch.  

Why can't I find DN322 in CUCM? When I do a search in Call Routing>Directory Number, it doesn't find any records. My question is, where is DN322 configured and how does it know to dial 8470692 as soon as the phone goes off hook?Even when I call DN322 from my phone, it forwards the call to 8470692. So, it must be somewhere in CUCM. 

I attached the complete voice gateway config. 

Thank you

FYI, DNs are not the only things that make your dial plan, you're just searching in a subset of your whole dial plan, and there's no guarantee that you will find the exact number, as there can be wildcards.

Also, you're NOT using MGCP, you're using H.323

You have two options for this, one, is to use your route plan report, which will show you EVERY DN/pattern in your CUCM and then look for what could match 322

Or you can use DNA to find out what CUCM is matching when you dial that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, 

Can you tell me more about using DNA please? I've never used that before. 

In first place, go to serviceability and make sure the Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer is activated and running, if not, activate and start it.

Then from tools menu, you should see the option for Dialed Number Analyzer, run your scenario through the tool, and it will tell you what you're hitting.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/8_5_1/DNABook.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

mikeleebrla
Level 1
Level 1

When you say "The odd part is that I can't find extension 250 in CUCM", what do you mean? You didn't tell us where you looked for it. If you are looking for it under a 'device>phone' search it will not show up there b/c it isn't considered a 'phone' , it's an MGCP gateway. 

It should show up if you do  Route Plan Report (under Call Routing). 

You should also be able to go to Device>Gateways>your router, and find it that way as well.

Edit---After looking at the snippet from your router, it appears as though you are using H323, not MGCP as you stated, so what I posted would not apply.