cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extesion Mobility Customization - Limiting the login scope

dhamm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, One of our cx wants to limit the login scope of EM( CUCM - 8.6) such that specific set of users can use EM serivice only with defined set of phones. As an example,  users belonging to specific departmmet/business unit should only be able to login to set of phones as defined by the administrator such as phones within their own department, or the phones in the same floor or bulding.

We can not do this with the default EM service which comes with the CUCM. Is anyone here aware of a custom applications which we can use to do this?

Appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Dhammike.

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dhammike,

I've never heard a request like this in the past, so I'm not surprised that you have not gotten any responses.

But based on various criteria that EM uses for login, I can see a custom EM app querying the user for the LDAP (or locally defined) department, then associating that with a phone's location.  Or even setting up different login URL's that pass the location as part of the URL and use that to match a user's department. 

But this would require a custom app to do this work.  You might want to look on our Developer Network for a vendor that might quote you a solution.  http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/search

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer