cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extra info being passed to Unity - help!

stephen.trimble
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an issue with calls being forwarded to Unity by a legacy Mitel switch. Basically when a call is diverted to Unity on occasion (about 1 in 3 calls) the user's default greeting is interrupted. You hear the first second or so of the user's greeting play, then you either hear the system message "sorry, I did not recognise that as a valid entry". OR sometimes you simply hear the beep of the start of recording...

OK, to try and remedy this so far I have removed functions from every key within "caller input", so they are all "ignore key". On the standard greeting (which starts to play) I have removed the tick from the "during greeting" allow caller input. I have dialled-in and am indeed unable to interrupt the greeting using the keys but the issue still happens. Extra info must be being passed by the Mitel switch to cause Unity to do this?

The Unity call viewer shows all the correct info to find the subscriber's mailbox and no extra stuff.

Anyone know whats happening here or possibly how to get Unity or CallManager to ignore anything else it gets sent?

Currently running Unity 4.0(3)SR1 and CCM 4.0(2)a.

Any help gratefully appreciated,

Thanks

Stephen

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use \Commserver\Utilities\PortStatusMonitor\PortStatusMonitor.exe to see the steps going through Unity.

H. M.

Hi,

In the PortStatusMonitor I just see "playing greeting for subscriber" then "recording message.... " I dont see anything when the greeting is interrupted.

Are there any traces I can run which will give me more detail?

Thanks