cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

federate CUPS 8.5 with cisco.com

joshw
Level 1
Level 1

We are a cisco partner.  I would like to federate our presence domain to cisco.com so we can collaborate across jabber.  I've got it working to google talk.  Are there special requirements to make this work with cisco.com?

9 Replies 9

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Most likely no. I'll keep it to any others saying otherwise.

CUPS XMPP federation Guide with WebEx Connect

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/Planning_chapter.html

Thanks

Ethan Haberman
Level 1
Level 1

Have you had any luck with this? We are attempting the same federation.

No.  I've worked with several folks from Cisco on this but you yet had any luck.  Can anyone please chime in and offer some assistance?

Did you ever have any luck with getting your CUP federation up to cisco.com?

We have not. Extremely frustrating. We are getting the exact error as you are with the deal on server dialback. We are using a CA issued certificate.

Muaaz El Kamali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Still we are trying to federate with cisco.com but no luck yet. Everything is looks fine. both domain (

my domain and cisco domain) is resolved from outside through XMPP port 5269 . I can talk to gtalk but not cisco.com.

I'm not positive that WebEx Messenger (which Cisco.com uses, not on-prem) supports DNS dialback. If memory serves you need to set TLS Optional and *uncheck* "Require client-side security certificates" on CUPS. I spent a few minutes hunting but cannot find documentation to backup the lack of dialback support; treat this as a hunch.

Also, your CA-signed certificate:

• Does the server's domain match the presence domain specified under System Topology > Settings?
  • Is the server's FQDN resolvable from external DNS to the NATed IP(s)?
  • Is the certificate installed in the xmpp-server store (and the signing CA(s) in the xmpp-server-trust store) or only Tomcat?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

The problem we had was that our domain i.e."company.com" was registered as a web-ex connect domain.  In other words, it was being hosted by cisco webex.  In order to correct the problem, I had to open a trouble ticket with webex connect and they had to do something to flush our domain from their system.  They told me that it would require a change-control on their end and implied that it was "major".  Once they made their correction, we were able to federate our on-prem CUP server to cisco.com. 

Ah! They had to de-provision your domain from WebEx Messenger/Connect. Nice catch.