Views
Helpful
Replies

From CME to BE 7k CUCM 10.x

Oleg Abankin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

We have 240 licenses for Cisco Call Manager Express. We are planning upgrade to CUCM 10.x with BE7k hardware. Is any option to upgrade CME licenses to CUCM licenses? Is any SKU for this?

Thanks,
Oleg 

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Oleg,

Not that much confident .I was going through Ordering guide of CME 9.1 which says

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/cme_ordering_guide.pdf

Customers migrating from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 or later require a Cisco Unified Communications Manager device license upgrade for the number of phone user licenses purchased. The customer should collect proof of ownership for each Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express IP phone user license (SW- CCME-UL-79xx) purchased and provide this information plus the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Publisher MAC address to licensing@cisco.com. Customers will receive a licensing file to add to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager with the same number of device points.

If soemone has more clarity, can provide more info.

regd,

aman

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check with licensing@cisco.com they should be able to assist you on this.

You may also be able to upgrade your licenses under  Get Current - Stay Current program. You will still have to pay for the new licenses but you pay discounted price.

There are SKUs under this program available but again I would suggest contact licensing@cisco.com and they should be able to assist with this. Just put in your subject UC 10 Migration and try to send whatever information you have. For example, your current CME version, Device Type and count and target versions, planned device count etc. They may need a proof of purchase for your CME licenses. 

-Terry

Hi, Terry 

I contacted with Cisco licensing team, but without results.

"The Licensing Team only issues license files that have already been purchased. "

But I found this link:https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/uc/blog/2012/07/25/cme-to-cucm-86-ucl
Here Srinivasan Kilambi said that it is enough to purchase  R-UCL-UCM-MIG-K9

This appears to be the correct top level SKU for migration. As per link in Shadi's post try to put this question to Presales tech support, they should be able to answer your queries and also able to help you generate a preliminary BoM.

Try that and let us know how you go.

-Terry

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Oleg,

I recommend contacting Cisco Virtual Engineering and they should provide official answer.

Thank you,

Shadi