Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Location Information into CUEAC via CUCM Custom LDAP Attributes

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I would test this in my lab but time is not on my side. We are deploying a CUEAC 9.1 system with CUCM 9.1.2. The customer has several thousand entries in the enduser table on CUCM (which is used as a directory for CUEAC). The customer would like to have site-specific Personal Directory Groups to help streamline the experience.

Using the telephoneNumber field in CUCM is not a viable option given the current dial plan.

Using a field that identifies location seems like a good place to start. The default LDAP attributes don't help me. Pulling a custom attribute seems like a good idea. However, the customer attributes and values get inserted into a separate table in the UCM database (NOT in the enduser table). I don't have a problem with that but from what I can tell, the SQL query sent from CUEAC to CUCM (as seen in AXL traces with debug on) do NOT query the custom attribute table. It is a straight up query on the enduser table based on the Directory Field mappings in CUEAC.

Right now, I can't test a LDAP sync with a custom attribute in production. I can test that in the lab. Unfortunately, my CUEAC host is toast. So, I am a little handicapped.

Anyone know if/how you can get a custom LDAP field from CUCM into CUEAC's directory for use with the Personal Directory groups?

Thanks in advance!

-Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

1 Reply 1

Hi Bill,

First I like to state that I'm not an expert on CUEAC. Have you looked at this post,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4071453#4071453

I don't knoiw if it's realted or not, but the guy answering seems to be well versed in CUEAC.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: