cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

goofy question, but any good Project names for Unity?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm looking for IPT project names or to coin the new system going. Trying to find a phrase for Unity/CallManager. For instance, if could call it "One Company Name" It would encompass all the features/tools/devices/applications in Unity/CallManager.

Something easy for endusers when we publish FAQs, etc.

Thank!

6 Replies 6

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

How about "Plan R"?? Or "Operation Mongoose"?!? :)

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We used the name Converged Communications Program team (which can encompass CallManager and Unity for sure, but also IPCC, Meeting Place Express (conferencing), video conferencing, and IP based fax services).

Best wishes! Ginger

That's pretty cool! Points for you! I have been pondering, and since I am more IT and not really a marketing guru.... I needed some advice. But I did come up with on idea. Since this is a maritime (shipping) company, I took a picture of a boat prop (drawing) and put CallManager on one blade, Unity on another and IPCC on another. It's called "Prop One"

Although CCP has a nice ring to it.!

Thanks!

tc

Hi TC -

You were too nice to award points for a non-technical answer :-) I really like your idea - any concept is meaningful if you can relate to your business and bond your employees into a collaborative team effort. The prop blades of the ship work together to move it (and the technology) forward!!

Best wishes for a terrific project. We are nearing our closure and if there is ever any lessons learned or such that we could share, would be glad to do so.

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks Ginger! Of course, if I have any other questions, I will post out here. Congrats on your closure to a rollout. Always fun to see the light at the end of the IPT tunnel some days!

Tommer Catlin

INS

We just call ourselves the

Cisco

Unity

Networking

Team...