Views
Helpful
Replies

Google Contacts in CUCM

nbourke2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My company uses Google Apps as our primary storage for user credentials and personal address books etc. We have no traditional LDAP Directory or Windows Domain. I'm wondering whether it is possible to have my users Google Contacts as the Personal Address Book on their phones?

We're using CUCM 8.0 and 9971 phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't know of any applications specifically that leverage the Google API; however, there are 3rd-party products that allow custom user directory population on a user by user basis and, in some cases, users can "share" a directory that others can access from their phone or a web page via a "pin" or some other mechanism (varies by app).  If I read your original post correctly, you were looking more for Personal Address Book type functionality vs. Corporate Directory (i.e., sync with LDAP)...correct?  For reference, take a look at an application called IP Phone Services (IPPS) made by 2Ring.  From there, I'm sure you'll be able to get a feel for what is provided by some of the bigger names like Berbee, IPcelerate, and so forth.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

fkarami
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Mate,

According to Cisco SRND found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/a04direc.html:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager allows synchronization from the following directories to the database:

Microsoft Active Directory 2000

Microsoft Active Directory 2003

Microsoft Active Directory 2008

Microsoft Active Directory Application Mode 2003

Microsoft Lightweight Directory Services 2008

iPlanet Directory Server 5.1

Sun ONE Directory Server 5.2

Sun ONE Directory Server 6.x

OpenLDAP 2.3.39

OpenLDAP 2.4

Hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Farbod

Thanks for the response Farbod.

My problem is I have no LDAP Directory to sync with. And if I did have, Google Directory Sync is one way, from the LDAP Directory to the cloud and does not sync the Google Contacts of the user. So all my users current data is in the cloud and can only be manually exported, not synced regularly.

What I'm really wondering is has someone written an IP Phone application that uses the open Google Contacts APIs?

I don't know of any applications specifically that leverage the Google API; however, there are 3rd-party products that allow custom user directory population on a user by user basis and, in some cases, users can "share" a directory that others can access from their phone or a web page via a "pin" or some other mechanism (varies by app).  If I read your original post correctly, you were looking more for Personal Address Book type functionality vs. Corporate Directory (i.e., sync with LDAP)...correct?  For reference, take a look at an application called IP Phone Services (IPPS) made by 2Ring.  From there, I'm sure you'll be able to get a feel for what is provided by some of the bigger names like Berbee, IPcelerate, and so forth.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!